Laurentian will invest in our unique areas of strength to achieve national recognition in signature programs including undergraduate programs in Education, Engineering, Forensic Science, Geology, Histoire, Medicine, Native Human Services, Restoration and Conservation Ecology, Sages-femmes, Sciences de l'éducation, Sciences infirmières, Sports Administration, Sports Psychology, Théâtre; and graduate programs in Boreal Ecology, Interdisciplinary Humanities, Mineral Exploration, Natural Resources Engineering, and Rural and Northern Health.
ASPIRATION: We will be among Canada's top 10 universities in our category.
To achieve this by 2017 we will have:
- Raised total annual research dollars from $21.9 M in 2010 to $30M, with increased numbers of research grants in social sciences and humanities totaling from $314,400 in 2011 to $400,000
- Enhanced travel supports to faculty and graduate students giving peer-reviewed papers at international or national conferences
- Nationally showcased our exceptional teaching and research by way of our dynamic web presence and communications
- Advanced in the process of securing an accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Secured and retained highly talented faculty members through multi year planning and proactive recruitment