Laurentian University enlists all managers, staff and faculty in creating an organization that is inspiring, proactive, student-focused, supportive, efficient, and effective.
ASPIRATION: We will be known for our positive organizational culture.
To achieve this by 2017 we will have:
- Increased engagement of faculty and staff, as measured in 2013, 2015 and 2017
- Shared ideas about best practices for working together and annual events that bring
employees together to celebrate successes
- Shared ideas about best practices for working together and annual events that bring employees together to celebrate successes
- Fully integrated all operational functions into one data warehouse by completing the Laurentian Electronic Age Project (LEAP)
- Ensured ongoing staff development, second language training, leadership mentoring, and succession planning
- Fostered an animated intellectual milieu through enhanced gathering spaces for faculty, staff, graduate students and alumni
- Established effective communication processes informing all members of the Laurentian community about key events, institutional projects, and priorities
- Aligned administrative processes involving staff and managers in decisions affecting their work and ensuring employees are heard, respected and recognized