University of Choice
At Laurentian, students benefit from small classes and meaningful interactions with faculty, staff, and students. Our students enjoy a unique connection between our learning and natural milieux affording students, faculty, and staff with an enriched learning, working, and living environment in a pristine park-like setting in Greater Sudbury and a vibrant presence in fast-growing Barrie.
ASPIRATION: Laurentian is a first choice destination with a reputation for academic excellence
and opportunity, attracting the best students, staff, and faculty from across Canada and
around the world.
To achieve this by 2017 we will have:
- Strategically increased enrolment from 7,200 FTE (2011) to 8,300 FTE while increasing the average entry grade from 80.8% to 83%
- Modernized the Sudbury campus, including classrooms designed flexibly to accommodate diverse teaching-learning styles
- Increased proportion of international students from 6.1% in 2011 to 8%
- Increased numbers of students who have enriched learning experiences abroad
- Become one hundred percent (100%) 802.11n wireless
- Established Laurentian as a destination for Francophone and Immersion students from across Canada and targeted French-speaking countries
- Increased enrolments of First Nations, Inuit, and Métis students from across Canada who choose Laurentian for its culturally responsive learning environment and enhanced bursaries
- Opened a "front door/welcoming centre" with effective signage in French, English, Ojibway